Re: Corgi car models...and other Triumphs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Corgi car models...and other Triumphs
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 07:56:03 -0500

        Kevin,
        I read your note in Wed.'s BCD. I also collect miniatures.
        I have had good luck with St. Martin's in UK. They stock
        an extensive line of nearly all auto-related miniatures.
        A couple years back I bought a corgi Triumph Dolomite
        roadster from them. They are prompt, and don't mind taking
        your plastic at all. I've also gotten a Provence Moulage
        Triumph TRS Lemans car from them. Although it is a resin
        model the detail is superb (though you have to build it
        yourself. I guess my favorite TR in the collection that
        was purchased from St Martins has got to be Bob Tulius'
        TR6 SCCA Champion car. It is dressed in traditional Group
        44 livery, and was produced by a German firm with the un-
        likely name of Speedy Special. The TR6 has all the details.
        Right down to the fire extinguisher, shoulder and lap
        harness and bonnet and boot hold down clips. All this being
        in 1/43 scale! The car was a limited production car in metal
        and carried a price tage of $120 US at the time... But it's
        really well worth the the bucks I spent.

                                        Good Hunting...Tally-Ho
                                                Greg Petrolati

--
        "Three Breaks for tea, and home before dark..."