(Fwd) UNDELIVEOldest Triumph

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: (Fwd) UNDELIVEOldest Triumph
From: tom_johnson@rainbow.mentorg.com (Tom Johnson)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 1994 08:46:11 -0700

The Portland, Oregon Auto Swap meet was this past weekend.  Not a lot of
British stuff, but a little.  One of the interesting things was a Triumph
Automobile for sale.  It had a sign on it saying that it was "documented"
to be the oldest Triumph in the US.  I believe it was a 1927(29?  hey, it
was raining and I didn't spend a lot of time reading signs) Triumph
Super (Speed) Seven.  Considering the size of the car, it didn't get its
name for a seven cylinder engine.  So how did it get its name?

TJ