Viscosity & Peach State Rust

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Viscosity & Peach State Rust
From: wade@ops.tridom.com (Wade Massengil)
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 94 11:15:28 EDT

Greasings and Lubrications, All...

                I once thought I had a basic understanding of the properties
        of ordinary multi-weight oil...and over the last week I have unlearned
        all I thought I ever knew. :*)

                So...I look in the owners manual and put what the book says
        in the proper fill hole...and change it when I'm suposed to.

                And try not to think about it.

                TeriAnn said the Moss (what does HE know?) guy said...

{The car is from Georgia, but has been in California for the last 8 years.  It
is
{still registered as a Georgia car so it never had to go through SMOG tests.
The

                The enlighted and progresive south!!

{The person I talked to also cautioned me about rust.  He said that
{Georgia cars are prone to rust and to check the underside very carefully.

                Ahhhhh-HEMP! We do not salt our roads. In winter storms we do
        the civilized thing...make hot coccoa and TRY to scrape up enough snow
        to make a snowman with the kids...AVOIDING going to work at all odds!
        The amout of rust on any vehicle in Georgia is a reflection of the
        owner, not the environment. In general, the amount of rust is inversely
        proportional to the number of natural teeth in the owners mouth. ie:
        the more teeth...the less rust.

                The accurate paradymn for Georgia rust would be more than
        California...(it does rain here) but MUCH MUCH less than states where
        the populace are required to druge to work in the snow. 'Daisy' the
        Half Done, Still, Yellow Car had rust in all the 'normal' places
        but most of that was due to being abandoned under an oak tree by the PO,
        without the top and the battery in the trunk.

                I wonder if the guy had teeth.

{> So, the big questions are:
{>
{>   - What should I look for on this car?

        (me editing here...)

{>   Yellow paint in good shape (no peeling, probably faded some)
                What other reason would one need to see the value here?
        A Yellow LBC from Georgia? For $700? Jump on it!

                Wade 'all my teeth, no rust' Massengill

                Could I get the car back to Atlanta with no low gears?