Need help with Spitfire carb.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Car Digest)
Subject: Need help with Spitfire carb.
From: Jeremy DuBois <jdubois@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 15:48:35 -0400 (EDT)

  Anybody got any good advice about tuning the ZS carb on a 76 spitfire?  I
had to rebuild the carb last winter, and had a hell of a time trying to
figure out how to tune the mixture.  Since the carb was rebuilt, the car
hessitates (it'll loose power for a split second, then get it back,
then lose it again) on acceleration when it's cold (especially when I've got
the choke out), but once it warms up to temp it seems to be fine.
  I'm guessing it's the mixture out of wack, since I didn't know how to tune
that well, but might it be some other problem?
  Also, does anybody know if that "colortune 2000" system, which claims to
make tuning a breeze, is actually useful?

  Thanks for any help you could give me,
                                                Jeremy DuBois
                                                UCC Unix Group - Student Staff
                                                University of Rochester, NY