Custom advance curves

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Custom advance curves
From: Dennis <IEDXW@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 1994 09:39:46 -0700 (MST)
Paeco has an electronic ignition set up (replaces points) which has an
optional module to allow you to set up 16 custom made advance curves.
has anyone actually seen these units and know how well they work.  I think
you can switch from one curve to another to suit your current driving
conditions.  Doesn't the ford Mustang have a switchable ignition advance curve?

FYI  Old triumph racing bikes had up to 72 total advance, probably caused
by the very high revs these bikes could run at, nes pas?

One ignorant question about oil:  I was told that 20-50wt oil for example
has a viscocity of 20 when cool and 50 when hot.  Surely this is not
correct.  Could someone explain how temp and viscosity are related if
its not the obvious (ie the hotter the oil the lower the viscosity).

Cheers Dennis

PS the optional module from Paeco is aboput $600, anyone know of a cheaper
one??