Magnette saga

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: Magnette saga
From: Marcel Chichak <chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 9:46:44 MDT
@RESCUE_MODE=OFF!

SOL Mates:

Some of you, particularly those on the North-Left coast, will remember
that my buddy Dominic was bringing an MG Magnette back to Edmonton.
Well, after a rather tense weekend for both of us he made it home
without too much difficulty.

The prince of darkness rode shotgun for the whole drive (18 hours) which
I suppose was to be expected. Right away he claimed the generator which
had to be replaced at huge expense. The regulator should have been
replaced too, but just try to find the correct one for a '57 Magnette on
Good Friday! The next to be claimed was the voltage stabilizer leaving
no temperature or fuel guages. Because of the regulator problem the
lights (PL's!!!) didn't work for too long, so night driving was out.

Otherwise the car ran beautifully, purring along at 65 without
difficulty. The quick look-see I had during dinner last night at the
folks place tells me that he got a hell of a good buy. I'm looking
forward to having it and my Mini together at the shows this summer.

Many thanks to the SOLers that offered assistance. I hope you had a brew
in Dominic's honour in spite of the fact he couldn't make it.

*Marcel Chichak  Certified Mini Nut | Go in deeper, come out  *
*voice (403)466-6004                |harder and come from     *
*Fax (403)469-8650                  |behind!, That's what it's*
*chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca       |like to race a Mini!     *