Re: Armstrong-Siddeley

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Armstrong-Siddeley
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 10:04:03 -0500
On Wed, 23 Mar 94  Barry Fox (fox@imagitex.com) wrote:

>  I was going to respond to the BritCar listing and provide some info
> about Armstrong - Siddley.  When I looked in my marvy reference book,
> found there were four pages of data/pics and decided it would take less
> time/bandwidth to give you the info to acquire the book yourself:
>
> "The Complete Catalogue of British Cars"
> by David Culshaw and Peter Horrabin
> Published by William Morrow & Co. Inc. in  1974
> ISBN 0-688-00245-5
> Price then was US $15.95.

Already have it!  I've used the book to post information here on certain
"obscure" cars before.

> This is a book no BritCar wacko should be without.

You're absolutely correct, Sir!  Unfortunately, I haven't seen anywhere
you can get it.  I forgot where I bought mine now.  I'm sure it was not
long after I came to the U.S. in 1980.

> It is 8.5 x 11 and
> 1.5 inches thick, weight about two pounds.  Has every car ever made in
> the UK, over 460 makes.  It was published in 1974, but there is no need
> for an updated version, IMHO, as all the BritCars worth owning were
> produced before that date anyway :).
> Cheers,  Barry W. Fox    fox@imagitex.com    65 TR4a

Yes, its 20 years old now.  I'm sure the authors have updated it (somewhere
in the book they ask readers for any further information).  I'd love to get
the latest.  Many times I wished I could have looked up a model that came
between 1974 and 1980.

        Cheers!
        - Garry Archer