Triumph cars and bikes

To: Scions of Lucas <British-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumph cars and bikes
From: <RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 94 09:12:50 EST
To the SOLer who inquired about the connection between Triumph cars and
bikes, *I thought they were one and the same*, They were. Ages ago.
Triumph motorcycles and Automobiles became separate companies back
in the automotive Jurrasic period. Does anyone besides Andy Mace know
the year? And has anyone else encountered the following:

I tell someone that I'm into Triumphs and the first thing he says is
*Oh, do you ride?*Apparently Triumph bikes were and continue to be
very popular, Maybe more so than the cars.

Rik, learning more about rebuilding a TR3 than I wanted, Schlierer