Trouble in the Flagstaff boating lake?

To: pgarside@acorn.co.uk
Subject: Trouble in the Flagstaff boating lake?
From: jhoward@atlas.usno.navy.mil (James Howard)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 94 12:00:58 EST

   Now, my knowledge of US geography is a little sketchy, but I'm not sure I
   recognise Flagstaff Arizona as a well-known seaside resort. Norfolk, Va, yes,
   San Diego, Ca, most definitely, but Arizona - you've got me there - sounds
   a little on the dry side to me.

   You sure the Navy isn't trying to tell you something, James?

   Paul.

Well, for most things, the Navy could use water.  However, the Naval
Observatory is more interested in dark sites where the stargazing is
good.  We are building a new telescope here, and I am putting a lot of
the mechanical knowledge I learned on my MGB to use in it's
construction.

James