Re: Cutting up big Healey's

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cutting up big Healey's
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch X8534 Ppppp)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 94 18:08:02 EST
> Date:           Tue, 15 Mar 94 9:51 EST
> From: George_Malits@vos.stratus.com
>
> Dave Lapham Replies
>
> >    Yeah, but there are still a few people around . . .
> > Actually, a friend of mine is working on a Healey
> > "Nasty Boy" into which he'll put a Ford 289 (for exactly
> > replace it.  It'll have a complete Ford drive drain, complete
> > with 9" rear end.  Should be fun to drive!
>
> Please Please Please Please don't do it!!!!.  Even a trashed Healey would be
> put to better use as a parts car.  At  least it  would  give  it's  life  to

I agree completely. (and I love kit-cars!) The kit car you are referring to
is the Sebring 3000, and is really quite a car. You wouldn't believe the
results of a test between one with a Mustang 5.0 engine and several high
priced sportscars! (Porsche, Corvette, and several others)

Tell him to part out the car, and buy a Kit Car mag! :)

Later,
Kevin

P.S. There are TWO "Kit Car" magazines, one is published by Peterson's and
     the other is by McMullen.