Re: New to list

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New to list
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch X8534 Ppppp)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 94 19:04:52 EST
> Date: Mon, 14 Mar 94 12:49:57 -0500
> From: John Trindle <jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov>
>
> Hi folks, my name is John Trindle, and I am new to the list.  I am
> repairing a 69 Triumph Spitfire, and have a few questions.

Cool car!

> "Massively" means a quart every 150-200 miles.  I am using Castrol
> 20W-50.

OUCH! That's a lot!

Basically, if it puffs blue smoke upon startup, it's the valves, if it
blows blue when driving, it's usually the rings. In very extreme cases,
it could be the valves (blue while driving), but if they are that bad,
you probably need new valves/guides.

> Thanks!!

Sorry for the bad news.

> ...John Trindle    jtrindle@ftf03.larc.nasa.gov