Re: Shop questions

To: houdini@access.digex.net (Richard Mutt)
Subject: Re: Shop questions
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 1994 13:34:08 -0600 (CST)
Richard Mutt asks >

>        Have any of you 'netters dealt with Special Interest Car Parts?

Hmm, didn't we just do this one?  From the Monster List:

------------------------------------
Special Interest Car Parts
1340 Hartford Avenue
Johnston, R.I. 02919
800-556-7496
800-851-5600
We have parts for your Jaguar, MG, Healey, TR.

I had been wondering how Special Interest Car parts can offer such great
sale  prices (the buyer for the local brit. car place wonders also.)  Now
I think I  know.  Once you buy something, that's it.  I bought two MGB
front suspension  kits and one of the king pins is defective.  The only
way to return something  is with a UPS call tag.  So, I call up SIC to do
the return.  The first day the  sales people can't get through to the
customer service person (yes, one  person).  So I leave a message.  No
call back.  The next day same thing.  Yesterday, four calls, four
messages, same thing.  Today, two calls and the  customer service person
has left and won't be back at her desk until Monday,  it's only 2:00.  How
can a company that does the volume of business they do,  only have one
person doing customer service?  I guess if they never take any  returns,
then they can sell stuff cheaper.  - Dean_Zywicki@NIHDCRT.BITNET
Special Interest sent me a manifold for a 77 or later Midget but I have a
1975. As near as I can tell the ports and the flange to the exhaust system
are the same but the EGR is located on the top of the manifold instead of
on the bottom front. I paid SI $200 for this one and they won't refund my
money. Apparently they only give credits! - John Loucks
J4Loucks@sms.business.uwo.ca
------------------------------------

>       Shop question #2:  Where can one get replacement/tuningparts for
> Weber carbs?

------------------------------------
World Sales
Florida
(800) 237-9270

Cheap prices, maybe the cheapest, on new Webers.  COD only.  - Phil Ethier
Redline, Inc.
303 W. Artesia Blvd
Compton, CA   90224
(800) 421-2777