British Cars Digest #1128 Tue Mar 8 10:31:26 MST 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: British Cars Digest #1128 Tue Mar 8 10:31:26 MST 1994
From: rcg@delphi.dseg.ti.com (bob gibbons)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 94 10:36:57 CST
> Where do I put the outside mirrors?  I have scanned articles with pix of
> early early B's and none of them had outside mirrors (?).  I will not
> drive without them so, does anyone have a clue where they were most
> frequently mounted?  Door? or Fender?  I had the "crack of doom" on the
> driver's side, had it repaired and don't want to see it come back again.
> Should I stay away from mounting the mirror on the door?  I think it
> sort of looks vaguely more *vintage* to have the d**n things on the
> fenders but ofcourse rear visibility is reduced.

I bought my '64B in 1965 and it did not have side mirrors, but from my
recollection they were mounted on the door from the dealer. I did not
like this location and put my mirror on the fender. I did have to go to
a convex mirror in order to get a usable field of view with the mirror
that far forward. It's worked fine for the intervening 28 years.

Bob Gibbons                             Texas Instruments
Internet: Bob.Gibbons@dseg.ti.com       Dallas, TX