accomplishments this weekend (plus sunburn)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: accomplishments this weekend (plus sunburn)
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 94 08:17:39 CST
Hey all,

The misfiring on the Midget seems to be fixed....poor ground on the condenser.
I tightened it a did a couple of long trips, and it was a lot better. To be
honest, I'm not convinced that that was the only problem because it's TOO
SIMPLE.

I was forced to put the passenger seat in because my SO got her car
serviced in a backwater town and she didn't want to spend 4 hours
waiting for it there. It's still suprisingly 'nippy' even with a trunk
full of junk, and two people! Furthermore, the addition of
the passenger seat bought that frightening gleam into my SOs eye......

DRIVING LESSON TIME....EEEEEEEEK!

Her details: never driven stick, not a big hand/eye coordination person.
My details: Predisposition to screaming when ANYBODY does something nasty
to my car.
Answer: liberal amounts of duct tape applied across my mouth and eyes and
a big straight level EMPTY country road.
She actually did quite well, apart from not getting the idea tha the stick
didn't just move up and down to go from 2nd to 3rd, but one has to
movce to the right as well. She only crunched the gears twice....but then
she only changed up to third once and then down again.

Tye weather in Illynoise was very bearable. We had a nice jolly out to
Monticello (~40 miles roundtrip) in 60F's weather. She motored along nicely
at 55mph (the car, not the SO), but I didn't want to push it....she could
probably manage a sustained 60-65mph, but not yet.

Marcus