Re: Radial tires and Saab Sonetts

To: jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com (Jay Nemeth-Johannes)
Subject: Re: Radial tires and Saab Sonetts
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 1994 22:58:18 -0600 (CST)
Jay Nemeth-Johannes writes \

\Rare, yes.  Valuable, not really.  I've owned a 71 Sonett III for 12
\years now. It is a nice driver and a fun car - on par with an MGB.

Right.  A Sonett III is not nearly as valuable as a Sonett V4.  A primo
one is worth about 5K USA dollars, although you do see optimistic types
advertize them for more.

\It has its own set of quirks, including fwd on a 2000 pound car,

Why are you carrying all that lead around in it?  I have put a SAAB 96
with a full gas tank on an SCCA racetrack scale an it was spot-on 2000
pounds.  A Sonett III, especially a '71 without the porno-bumpers weighs
considerably less.

\freewheeling transmission, sits so low, you look up to see drivers in
\Z cars, nobody else has one, etc.

Carve through snow great, too, but then you tend to rust them out.

\Phillip, I wouldn't mind getting a copy of yours.

Its on the way.  Lets have yours.