Re: Gesticulating in public

To: daniel@human-genetics-unit.mrc.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Gesticulating in public
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 94 14:18:05 CST
> Oh - bit more - "over here" we have a yearly MOT for older vehicles which
> tests basic roadworthiness. This has recently been revamped to include an
> emissions test and has certainly taken at least one old crock off the roads
> and into the scrap yards (sob, sob). This seams a more reasonable way of
> reducing emissions than simply focussing on old cars. Of course there are
> rumours that the EEC is thinking of banning cars over a certain age and also
> banning scrapyards. Why can't these well meaning beurocrats just *%#@-off
> at leave us alone?

OH SHIT....excuse my french....thats so typical. Here I was, thinking when
I went back to the UK my exported lbc's would be all safe and sound from the
nasty US car crushers. Well, at least I can take comfort in the fact that if
the Eurocrats pass anything, most of the countries (eg UK) will decide not to
take part in that particular law....the EEC (or EU) is a bit of a waste
of space thank God!

Marcus