Re: British Cars Digest #1120 Tue Mar 1 15:15:32 MST 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1120 Tue Mar 1 15:15:32 MST 1994
From: Doug Phillips <Douglas.W.Phillips@williams.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 1994 08:12:12 -0500 (EST)
Greetings.

A few questions for the net.wisdom:

1) My restored '52 TD is about 95% correct, except for Michelin radial tires
and a black (instead of the original tan) top. I know these concessions cost me
points at judging time. A fellow TD owner told me that the radials will cost me
more than just points at judging time -- they will cause increased wear on the
suspension, shocks, steering box and bushings. Is this true? If so, how and
why?

2) The door panels on the TD are nice originals, but against an entirely new
interior their age shows (fading and a few pulled stitches). Does anyone know
of a lower price supplier than Moss (they want $300/pair)?

3) Are there any members of the New England MG TD Register on the net?

    And now for a bit of trivia. I understand the obscene jesture used by
American drivers (but NEVER by the SOL), involves the use of a middle digit.
In the U.K. the same gesture involves other finger(s). Which are....?

    Cheers.

    Doug "I'm too new to the net to come up with a clever sign-off.
          But I'm thinking...."  Phillips

    Williamstown, MA