Re: British Cars Digest #1111 Tue Feb 22 01:15:00 MST 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1111 Tue Feb 22 01:15:00 MST 1994
From: hyke@sybase.com (Lea Hyke)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 08:35:49 PST
Re: MGB Batteries
To Will,
I'm not surprised that the folks at Sears would scratch their heads at your
questions. The 63 B (I own one too) requires 2 batteries that fit behind the
seat
in 2 buckets. There are 2 of them 6v each if you care to be anatomically
correctThe alternative is to rig up one battery, either in the boot or
somewhere under
the bonnett. It certainly makes it easier to get to them in an emergency
situation IE:stuck on the freeway, but esthetically if you goal towards
originality its all wrong. Moss motors ( not a plug) and several other vendors
carry the original type which are quite good. I have them and have converted
back to them from the rigged up one that used to exist in the boot. My last
exposure to Sears left me irate, after the clueless clerk there argued as to
the roots of
my Cortina for which I was attempting to purchase shocks. Never again.
Lea Hyke