Bum rap(ping)

To: tdm@akguc.att.com
Subject: Bum rap(ping)
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 15:11:03 -0500 (EST)
Dear Don,

It is time to put this issue entirely to rest.  I have taken the bull by the
horns of the crux of the dilemma, so to speak.

It is a hell of a low-tech solution, but I walked (yes, walked on foot)
down the hall and asked an englishman.  He is a certified english person,
talks kind of funny, and all that.

**********WARNING!  THE MATERIAL THAT FOLLOWS MAY BE TOO SENSITIVE
**********FOR THOSE WITH TENDER SENSIBILITIES.
**********PRESS "D" NOW, IF YOURS ARE TENDER.

He says that it is true, the fanny ATP is in the front, not the back.  (He
blushed slightly as he told me this.  He really is archetypically
english.) But inquiring minds want to know, so I pressed further, to
obtain the following specific info: only people of the distaff persuasion
have fannies, located 180 degrees away (horizontal plane) from the bum,
which is what the british call what we call the fanny.  The term does
*not* refer to a specific anatomical structure.

Perhaps it is time to post the issue to alt.english.usage; they'd have fun
with it.