SU Throttle Shafts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Car List)
Subject: SU Throttle Shafts
From: gavin@csis.dit.csiro.au (Gavin Walker)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 09:53:50 +1100 (EST)
Hello
  I'm almost finished rebuilding some SUs (HIF6) to go on my SD1.  My manual
say to unscrew the throttle plate, withdraw the throttle shaft and replace the
rubber seals.  So far on one carb I've been unable to remove the screws.  They
are made of brass and have splayed ends which don't realign easily.  I
suppose it is crucial to replace the seals (no slop in the shaft yet).  So,
how do you get these screws out?!?

        Any help welcome, please.

--
  _--_|\             -|-    Gavin Walker