Re: I shed a tear as my friend is revived

To: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil
Subject: Re: I shed a tear as my friend is revived
From: sfisher@Megatest.COM (Scott Fisher)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 12:03:41 PST
> WAHHHOOOOOOOO WAHOOOOOOOOO
>
> I've fallen in love again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I know the feeling... more on my first twisty hill road drive in the
Green Car later, when I have time...

> Well, soppy stuff over with, the new motor feels nice and strong, however, it
> seems  like I may need the carbs rebuilding or a new set of carbs. The blood
> -sucker said she floods now and again, but to just pull on the choke
> and she'll run ok.

Your mechanic is not only a bloodsucker, he is an idiot.  I'll talk you
through the carb rebuild; every new M.G. owner should do one. :-)  Again,
later when I have time; let me just say that this is the stupidest advice
I've yet heard about a British car, and shows an absolute, total, and
cosmic ignorance of the nature, function, and construction of the SU
carburetor.  Never go back to this mechanic, unless it's to torch his shop.

> To everybody whos lbc is in bits, or sick, poorly, whatever...keep heart,
> its just damn worth all the sweat, tears and $$$$$ in the end!

To borrow a phrase (from a certain Stuttgart-based manufacturer of hot-
rod Beetles), "M.G.s will get you through times of no sex better than
sex will get you through times of no M.G.s."  Or as my wife puts it,
"The M.G. is special for you, in a way that no other car is.  It's like
an hourglass: when you drive it, the top fills up with sand, and when it
sits idle, the sand drains out.  And as your wife, let me say that when
the sand gets low, you become difficult to live with."

This, BTW, is why I have no trouble getting spousal approval for my LBC
antics.  She knows better. :-)

--Scott