Sprouts of Lucas?

To: hoosier.cs.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Sprouts of Lucas?
From: jeb@mtqua.att.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 94 09:38 EST
> Scott #1 suggests:
>
> Sprouts Of Lucas.
>
> (Well, *I* liked it.)  It's perky, it's trendy, it's all-natural,
> and it's 100% organic.  Whaddya think?

>From Gilbert & Sullivan's PATIENCE:

   Then a sentimental passion of a vegetable fashion must
        excite your languid spleen,
   An attachment "a la Plato" for a bashful young potato,
        or a not-too-French French bean!
   Though the Philistines may jostle, you will rank as an
        apostle in the high aesthetic band,
   If you walk down Piccadilly with a poppy or a lilly
        in your medieval hand.

   And every one will say,
   As you walk your flowery way,

   "If he's content with a vegetable love which would
        certainly not suit me,
   Why, what a most particularly pure young man this
        pure young man must be!"

Or something like that.  G&S were, of course, extremely British.

Jim Beckman    jeb@mtqua.att.com     1955 A-H 100