Bleeding Cooling systems, etc.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Bleeding Cooling systems, etc.
From: Arlie Hart <ARHART@WSUHUB.UC.TWSU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 10:08 CST
Scott...  One of the lessons I've learned with the LIC I've been driving of
late is that it demands a fully bled cooling system.  I have taken to loosening
the upper radiator hose and turning it upward.  This is followed by pouring a
50/50 mix of antifreeze into the engine until it is to the top of the hose.
That seems to get most of the block and head full.  Fill the radiator until it
dribbles out of the hose neck.  hook everything back up while pouring
antifreeze on your feet and you are finished.  Then I run it until warm and add
coolant as needed.  This seems to do the trick on the Fiat.  The other option
is to add one of those fittiogs from a flush and fill kit and use it to get
coolant into the system.  It will very likely be the highest point on the
system, thus should be a good filling point.

Marcus...  The gent you are speaking of was none other than Paul Gilders, who
will probably get a message out before I do, but is seems it was in the
neighborhood of $ 500 to have the TR-6 shipped home.

Joe...  I'll look at my list of good roads on that trip and get back to you.
There are a lot of nice drives on the way, and maybe we can meet somewhere in
Missouri or Kansas or where ever on your trip.  The choice of drives depends on
how far out of the way you are willing to go ;^)

Cheers!

Arlie