Thankless Jobs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Thankless Jobs
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 1994 12:44:19 -0500 (EST)
Here are few rather pointed remarks on the last two weeks of mail I have
digested at home, having returned from holiday. Maybe it was too much
reading, or maybe it's because I help with a 50 page magazine as a
volunteer and people phone me a work with typos they have found.

Anyway... let's appreciate each other folks. Start with Mark B., who runs
this list. If you appear on the scene and then find the volume of the
list too much then don't read it. I would imagine Mark is quite fed up
hearing about this friutless debate on the news versus mail bit. If you
want a news system then do one and announce it on here as an alternative.
Otherwise enjoy it for what it is and don't add to the volume with all
the non-car related drivel. (sp?)

Now for Charles Runyan. Here is a chap who truly loves the cars, attends
a lunatic number of events, gives away masses of prizes at club events
which his TRF sponsors and to top it all off throws a summer party which
is the bargain of the decade. Any what does he get ? Some jokers giving
him grief over a few hair brushes and Tin Tin books. Man of man, he must
wonder why he bothers some days.

I thinks it's great that he has the fun in him after so many years of
business to put those items in. It probably isn't worth his while from
the $$ point of view, but if your wife used a brush like that when you
first met in England in through TR3 then imagine the fun of being able
to find one. Anyway, what the bloody hell does it matter?  Charles has
done a great deal for the Toronto Triumph Club here in Canada, even when
we had a Canadian Distributor. Poor ol' Steve of Brits & Pieces as now
gone under because he was nickle and dimed to death.

Charles, the TTC thanks you, and remember that all these people giving
you grief will have their "brush with destiny" on a dark road this
summer. The Prince of Darkness is a lurker !