Sunbeam Alpine Conversions...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunbeam Alpine Conversions...
From: yeebot@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 93 17:05:56 EST
Lemme just first say how great this forum has been and how I wish I had
access years and years ago when I was going it alone busting knuckles and
calling tow trucks for my Sunbeam, Triumph and other. (end of rant)

OK, I've heard of people converting their Alpines to "Tigers" by installing
their own 260, 289, etc. And  have heard about "RotoRooters"(Mazda RX-7
engines). I've got an Alpine which needs a complete overhaul and I'm thinking
about having some fun. Since I'm only contemplating it at this stage, money
and time aren't really problems. The only problem is I've only HEARD is about
these conversions. Haven't seen any or talked to folks who've owned/done
them. Anyone out there with any stories, ideas on interesting engine/tranny
swaps?

TIA/Happy Holidays!
Mike Yee
Yeebot@aol.com