RE: Haynes Z-S book

To: "brit_cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Haynes Z-S book
From: "jbabcock" <jbabcock@netrix.com>
Date: 20 Dec 1993 08:20:11 U
>lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
>Subject: GT6 Engine Woes

>I'm getting the Haynes Z-S Carb manual. Any comments on it?

I have this book.  It has an excellent description of the theory of operation
of the Z-S Constant Depression (CD) carb.  It also describes the
procedure for rebuilding the beast.  I am only slightly disappionted
because the carbs for my '76 TR7 (Federal) were not specifically
addressed.  I have yet to rebuild my 175s, but the day is coming
since they will not settle to idle without a kick to the accelerator.
I did have the jets replaced with Grose Jets a couple of years ago.
The car passed the local sniffer test even though the air injection
system had been deleted.  I would recommend the Grose Jet mod when
you rebuild.

-Jim.