MGTC book

To: "British Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGTC book
From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Date: 17 Dec 1993 16:15:10 -0600
                       Subject:                               Time:12:27 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          MGTC book                              Date:12/16/93
Another whose name got deleted wrote:
>I've been in love with British sports cars since I can remember.
>I do seem to remember reading one of those boys books, where the
>young lad sees the old (new at the time) MG-TC, which is wrecked
>by the owner and sold for a song to the young lad.  He promptly
>fixes it up and proceeds to have a blast outrunning everything in
>sight (mostly due to the "superior" handling in corners), and ends
>up racing it on the local circle track, and winning his first race.

I read that book in high school too. The title is "The Red Car" by Don
Stanford, published in 1954 (I remember because the TF was the "new" model).
It's what first got me interested in British cars. That "superior handling" on
Colorado mountain roads is as compared to the other kid's '40's V-8 ("Eight
tubs thumpin' under my hood and he beats me in a little kiddie car with a 4
banger sewing machine motor?") Ford sedan.