Sorry I Missed the SFO Crowd

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sorry I Missed the SFO Crowd
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 17 Dec 1993 14:00:16 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I suppose I shouldn't bomb the whole list with this, but I'm going to anyway.

Next time I get to SFO, I will definitely make more of an attempt to get
together with you folks. I spent the week from the 2-DEC to 10-DEC car-less
in the downtown SFO area. Nice town, lots to do. Tough to get to silicon
valley without a car, it seems.

I considered renting a M***a and driving down to the Silicon Valley area,
because the weather was PERFECT when I got there, but I got sidetracked
into doing some work etc., and it just didn't happen.

My wife come out on 10-Dec, and we rented a 'Mercun car for the weekend. We
managed to drive around in the Marin area as well as up to Napa, and I have to
say there are some really nice driving roads in that area. I assume the Santa
Clara Region is similar. OB lbc content: It must be really awesome to drive
the Highway 1 section from Sausalito up to Pt. Reyes in an lbc. The roads
were really _kool_. My wife told me slow down a few times as I was getting
"into" it a bit too much.

So, sorry we didn't link up this time, but on my next trip, I'll def. set
something up whereby we can drive around the hills and stop at interesting
spots and talk British Cars.

bye,
Bob "I really need a daily driver lbc" Lang

p.s. If any of you CA folks ever get to selling a car because it needs too
much work, just give me a call. I didn't see one clapped out car the whole
time I was there! Even the cars going to the junk heap were not rusty. Having
lived in the N(RUST)E(EASY) section of the USA my whole life, I had no idea
how _BAD_ the cars get around here (rust-wise)! I've been to CA a bunch of
times, and every time I go, I get a better appreciation for how the dry
climate treats the steel on the cars. Hey, maybe I'll buy my next TR out
there and drive it back this way...

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |