Stag question...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Stag question...
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 12:53:13 EST
I know that the Stag engine is a TR7/Dolomite engine _without_ half of the
cylinders missing. :) What I was wondering is: did Triumph ever attach the
Sprint head to the V8? It seems that would have been a _wonderful_ engine.
(if they could have fixed the Stag's problems: cooling?)

One more: I've never seen a Stag engine, or even a Stag before. (in person)
Is the left side head (as you face the engine) a mirror image of the TR7 head?
(I assume the TR7 head and the Stag right side head is the same casting)

Just curious questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

P.S. Did they ever experiment with an aluminum TR7 or Stag engine? (block)