Re: vibration

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vibration
From: amc@berlioz.nsc.com (Andy McLean)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 93 08:58:37 PST
Thanks to all who replied to my "vibration woe" note.  Stupidly I forgot to
mention that this applied to my '77 MGB but the problem and replies were
pretty generic anyway.
Despite what I said in the original note the culprit was in fact the u-joints.
The rear one was totally trashed and the front one was hanging on by a few
needles (so to speak) !  So thankfully I wasn't faced by more technically
challenging and expensive diff/axle work.  Is it specifically an LBC related
effect that we always assume the problems are worse than the reality ??

Andy