Another dumb TR3A question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Another dumb TR3A question
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 93 15:40:24 -0800
Here is my latest dumb question for you post TS60000 TR3A experts.

There is a black ground wire that separates from the main wiring harness where
it emerges into the engine compartment near the relay/ fuse block /starter
solinoid.  This wire has a ring connector and obviously gets attached to a
mounting bolt in the relay/ fuse block/ solinoid area.  Does any one know which
bolt on which item this connects too??  The relay has two screws, but it would
have to mount between a screw head and the relay plastic.  The fuse block has a
single screw in the middle and you could not get a wire to the head.  The
solinoid seems to be the logical choice.  Can someone please varify it for me?

Over the weekend I Sworked primarily on the Land Rover brake hydrolic system and
made no headway (I am now suspecting that my brand new Girling Master brake
cylinder is bad).  But I did make a little headway on the TR.  I redrilled the
holes above the battery box that got covered when I rebuilt that area. I
installed the wiper cable assembly (new grommet, regreased cable & gears,
polished tube where it exits bulkhead).  The carpet on the middle inside of the
bulkhead is now mounted.  I trimed a inch or so of the rear shelf carpet to get
a good fit (I'm currently not planning to install the carpet pieces that fit
under the seat to minimize wet mouldy rust promoters).  The wiring harness
around the relay/ fuse/ flasher/ and solinoid are now connected.  The instrument
panel finally has the last of the old covering off, been derusted and now
supports a coating of this stuff labled to be 93% bright metal Zinc.  I'm
letting it dry a couple of days before adding new nagahide (would you believe
there was light rust under the old?).  I got the two big and three of the small
instruments cleaned up.  The clean up consists of cleaning the outside of the
instrument, removing the bezel & lense; dusting the inside; cleaning the lense;
polishing the bezel ring, spray the 93% zinc stuff on the outside of the meter
back, then reassembing the instruments.

Not a whole lot, but it is headway... Its better than what happened to the Land
Rover or the BGT.

Take care,

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561