Re: Rover 827i Vitess

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rover 827i Vitess
From: jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Randell Jesup)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 93 14:38:24 -0500
        I guess that was called the Sterling 827 (or whatever) here.
My brother, though he's not a "car guy" and certainly not an lbc guy (though
he did help me lift an A-series block out of a Sprite _by hand_ once) has
one of these.  It's the "5-door" version and is somewhat reminiscent of
the SD1.  He bought it used about 1.5 years ago instead of some Merkur(?)
5-door.

        It's _wonderfully_ comfortable.  The rear seats are more comfortable
than the front seats of most cars.  Nice wood accents.  Problems: radio seems
to be missing key-off power so it resets on every start.  Some battery/electical
problems early on, but they seem gone now.  Automatic (oh well).  I drove it
once - not bad, though large by my tr6/midget/crx standards.  I think it
has one bad shock too.  The V6 performs quite reasonably, and probably has
similar horsepower to the old SD1 3.5 V8.

        Randell