Six footers in Midget cockpits

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Six footers in Midget cockpits
From: "John F. Kolb" <"DLV1::RACERX"@YMV5.YMP.GOV>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 13:03:10 -0800 (PST)
I am six foot nothing, with a slightly longer than proportional torso,
and a 1969 Midget.  I actually LIKE the steering wheel where it is while
driving, but not while getting in or out.  If I was any taller, or more
of my height was in my legs, I think I would have to get the MGB running
real soon now.  I did reposition the window crank so that it was in a
different position when the window is all the way down, and I too find
that the console and my right knee seem to want to be in the same space
alot.  My seats are not original, the dreaded PO put in seats out of an
old Honda (GASP!).  I have a pair of seats out of a '71 that I was planning
on putting in after I get new floors and get a new set of seat covers for
them (they are faded biscuit while the interior is black).  It seems the
PO used the Arnold Schwartzenegger method of removing the originals (any-
one remember _Commando_ ?) and left ragged edged now rusty holes in the
floor.  Will putting original seats in help or hurt the interior room ?
I just don't have much room to give up, and if putting them back will put
me out of the car, I'll just spend that money on the other LBC.

JFK - KolbJ@ymv5.ymp.gov - Safety Fast ! - Games, Trains and (LB) Automobiles