Spitfire Cylinder Head

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Cylinder Head
From: anthony315@aol.com
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 93 22:45:14 EST
Hello all, I've got a question but first-thanks to Scott, I found my vacumn
leak, it was a big hole in the rubber connector on the vacumn line going into
the carb from the distr. How do you keep your cyl. head gaskets from
leaking?? I'm getting ready to install a third one. I was getting antifreeze
mixing with my oil and then upon hitting the gas a cloud of white exhaust
smoke would come out. I thought since I had almost 500 miles on the last one
I would go ahead and re-torque the head bolts as recomended. After stripping
out a cyl head nut, breaking a torque wrench, and then while checking my
final readings I broke a cyl head stud. Both the stud and nut are new parts
so I e-mailed the place where I bought them at and now just waiting for their
reply. Fortunetly I have some of the old studs and nuts to put it back
together with if they don't reply soon. Later, Anthony Bailey
(Anthony315@aol.com)