RE:MGB Wheel sizes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:MGB Wheel sizes
From: jross123@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 93 14:24:26 EST
TerryAnn writes,
>I was looking in the latest MOSS flyer and noticed that they are suggesting
15
>inch wheels (5.5 inch wide Minilite knockoffs) to go onto MGBs with 60
series
>tyres.
I've been using the MOSS 14" x 5.5 Minilites on my 68' MGB roadster with BGF
185 60 14's with great sucess in autocrossing but the ground clearance is too
low for the street (I'm also using 1.5" lowering blocks in the rear with and
a lowered front end, I should post a photo to hoosier as this setup look real
cool).  If I had it to do over again I would get the 15" and run 50 series
for racing and the 60 series tire for the street.  The 5.5 inch width gives
plenty of clerance. I've been using 6.5" and 7" wheels on my '65 MGB but the
fenders have been flaired and I'm using 22 x 8 x 14" good year  eagle slicks,
yes there 8" wide and the clearance is tight I have seen 8" rims with 225 50
R 15s on an MGB but it required some modifications. So basically the 15" x
5.5 rims would work great and the tire selections in 15" are much greater
giving you more flexability in tire to rim combos.
GMHO.
                                          John Ross   jross123@aol.com or
73003.1153@cserve.com
                                         (please respond to the aol adress