1500 Spits, Midgets, and Carbs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 Spits, Midgets, and Carbs
From: Dennis <IEDXW@asuvm.inre.asu.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1993 18:26:25 -0700 (MST)
Just my bit:  I have a 1500 Midget, put a sidedraght SK on it, a 4 into 1
header, racier cam (maybe abit too racey) and it ran WORSE (ie less power)
than the standard engine with the Zenith Shitberg carb.

Anyone thinking about changing to a sidedraught carb, get the SK.  They are
very similar to the webers, use lots of weber parts (eg jets etc) but are
MUCH easier to tune.  One reason is because you change the jets from the top,
so you don't burn your hands.  They are superior in other respects and I
recomend them over the weber.

I have also been told that the 1500 head is VERY restrictive and it is easy
to over-carb them, but they respond very well to tuning.

Cheers Dennis "I'm in the process of building my dream 1500 engine so it will
              wham me into warp 10 at the flick of my toe" Wilson