Re: My TR6 ate its fan

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My TR6 ate its fan
From: Joe Flake <flake@d311510.atl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 93 12:16:43 EST
I tried to take this offline to Scott, but the mail gods got me...
>     ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>   550 paisley@central.bldrdoc.gov... Host unknown

> > big bolt which holds everything together was VERY loose

>My bolt was way loose,
>caught the problem before any damage came through.
>use some locktite 242

Lucky you!  Yep, Locktite is in order.

When you had the bolt removed (or maybe you didn't) did
you notice the fit between the bolt and the extension piece which
it holds in place?

My feeling is that this should be a smooth slide in fit.  Mine
appears to be galled by the movements of operating while loose and
is a TIGHT press into the extension.  It will go in, but takes
serious taps with a hammer as it stands now!

I think a session with emery cloth will make it fit.

(Oh, this would be a great time to have a lathe or even just a
drill press with at chuck big enough to hold a 5/8 bolt -- just
spin it up and hold the abrasive to it!).

Cheers!
Joe
flake@d311510.atl.hp.com