burned MGA rotor

To: hoosier.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier
Subject: burned MGA rotor
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 09:19 EST
My MGA has started running rough lately so I changed plugs
and points.  No improvement.  I took the distributor cap
off and the rotor is kinda burned and the contacts inside
the distributor cap are likewise burned and pitted. I think
I put these on new about last April.  What would cause this?
Don Mathis

From  rwg1@cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:58:12 2001