Lineage and Progress

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lineage and Progress
From: megatest!bldg2fs1!sfisher@uu2.psi.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 14:25:54 PST
> Scott made some comments on the ancestry of the BMC B type engine.I
> believe that attributing the inspiration of this design to the inline Chevy
> six is a bit far fetched.

I stand by Lindsay Porter's very well researched book, "Leyland B Series
History and Technical Data," Haynes, 1990 or so.  If I get time to post
any information over the weekend (I'll be working on a book proposal for
Comdex tomorrow and off to research an article in Napa on Sunday), I'll
try to type in some of the pertinent passages, plus ISBN and other