max revs

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: max revs
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Wed Nov 10 11:44:35 1993
RE: max revs...

An engine builder with whom I work states that the theoretical max of
a 1275 A series engine is around 7200rpm.  This does not stop front
runners in SCCA from turning over 9000 or me from turning 8000
rpm...it just means, for example that I replace piston rings on an
annual basis in addition to bearings and lifters. I do however limit
my engine revs during practice to ensure that I do not have to
replace rings and bearings more frequently.

jim

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or jfuerstenberg@zz-link.dcmdc.dla.mil

"It has been said that motor racing shares in common with sex the distinction
of being of the most popular, most maligned and least understood of human
activities.

Charles Beaumont and William F. Nolan from "Omnibus of Speed"