Re: TR6

To: ewcorco@erenj.com
Subject: Re: TR6
From: mburdick@unmc.edu (Mike Burdick)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 93 08:32:48 CST
   > From: ewcorco@erenj.com

   >            1)  Is an external oil feed kit and/or an external oil cooler a
good
   > idea?  I've heard that these cars suffer from poor oiling.  I don't intend
   > to run it hard but would like to preserve the engine as much as possible.

This is pretty easy to do and the part is pretty cheap.  It won't hurt and
might help so why not?

   >            2)  The small, red "IGN" light in the lower part of the tach
stays on
   > whenever any of the lights are on - any ideas where to start to fix this
   > indicator?

If your not sure what the problem is, check the easy (cheap) things
first, then work up to harder (more expensive) things until it's fixed.
Check fan belt tension and connector condition (corrosion).  Next look
for broken wires.  If everything looks good so far, have the altenator
output checked.

   >    I'm also a bit limited compared to what I see with the rest of the group
   > in that I don't have an infinite supply of $$$, a tremendous amount of

Your implication is that the rest of us have an infinite supply of $$$.  I
wish it were so!

Good luck and have fun,
Mike
mburdick@unmc.edu