Healey 3000 Tri-carb

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey 3000 Tri-carb
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 03 Nov 1993 16:43:56 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

I'm not a Healey expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know the
answer to this one:

The 1962 AH 3000 MkII was the only year the the Healey had a tri-carb
setup.

Apparently the tri-carb was a little finicky, and the resultant extra
maintenance was not considered to be worth it, in terms of performance.

I'm probably off the wall here, but I think that the 3000 MkII with
the correct numbers may be one of the more rare 3000's as they were only
made for a year, but someone else will have to provide production numbers
and "correct" part number info.

Bye,
Bob Lang
MIT Computer Services

p.s. I always liked the tri-carb engines because they "look kool".