Re: Gas tank (was: BGT gets new petrol tank)

To: cak@parc.xerox.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas tank (was: BGT gets new petrol tank)
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 93 13:40:05 -0800
In message <93Nov2.122436pst.55939@egeus.parc.xerox.com> "Chris Kent Kantarjiev"
writes:
> When I had Sarah's gas tank fixed, I removed all the jute padding that
> had soaked up water and allowed the tank to rust. The TR4A-6 tanks are
> bolted tightly to the frame (unlike the 2-3), but there's padding there
> as well, apparently to do some noise dampening or protect the tank on
> the way in/out.
>
> I replaced it all with some closed-cell foam of about the same
> thickness, held down with upholstery glue. This stuff can't absorb
> water, and looks rather nice.
>
> I have lots more if you'd like some and think it will do some good.

Chris, Thanks for the offer, but I was collecting dead inner tubes to cut up &
use to mount the TR3 petrol tank.  Its just that the MGB rubber petrol tank
mounting materiallooks to be the precut right width for the TR3's mounting
straps.  There are a couple of rectangular pads that go under the tank as well
as the strips.  I was thinking of using contact cement as well.

Current plans are for the petrol tank to be the first part puit back into the
TR, followed by the steering box & tie rods, then the brake hydrolic lines.  I'm
excited about actually making progress!

Take care 7 say hi to Sarah for me ;*)

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561