ELCC Meeting

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: ELCC Meeting
From: James Luke <jluke@hydra.unm.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 09:01:10 -0600
Greetings

 BEATTY@tribune.usask.ca wrote:
>Subject: LBC, still searching

>Hi all, I don't know if anyone remembers, but I queried the list a while
>back about GT6's. I got quite a good response and received much helpfull
>information (thanks to those who replied). I am still looking. There have
>been a few GT6's for sale, and a few other cars that caught my eye. Just a
>few of these included;
>70     GT6 mkIII       Ontario         $6000   New paint
>73     GT6 mkIII       Ontario         $6000   A few new parts
>70     GT6 mkIII       ?               $3800   Aluminum V8
>71     Opel GT         Alberta         $4300
>74     TVR             Denver, CO      $4900   Only 38000 Orig Miles.
>Everything I have found so far seems way over priced. (Except the TVR)

>Tom Beatty     Programmer/Analyst U of S

I just looked at a 1970 GT6+ (I assume those rubber donuts in the axles,
like in the drivetrain of a Fiat Spider, are the "rotoflex") red, nice
body and paint, I didnt see any rust (which doesnt prove there isnt any),
upholstery and carpet look good, new tires, nice aluminum mags, looks like
it was well taken care of.  Sounds great.  Nice wood on the dash and doors,
radio even works, brakes feel good.  It is badly in need of a tuneup
(no power, especially in the low end) tach and speedo dont work.  The
good news:  the dealer is trying to get rid of it (he just sold his 77 MGB,
if that tells you anything) for $2600.  The bad news, for Mr. Beatty at
least, it is in Albuquerque NM  Wish I had $2600, but I dont even drive
my own car, because I cant afford to fix the brakes. (and my wife would
leave me if I started talking seriously about a 4th car)
Jim Luke
jluke@hydra.unm.edu