Re: Seeking Net Wisdom-No LBC ?'s

To: ahart@geis.geis.com
Subject: Re: Seeking Net Wisdom-No LBC ?'s
From: pwv@tc.fluke.com (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 15:53:52 -0700
On Sep 29,  4:01pm, ahart@geis.geis.com wrote about his hygroscopic LIC:
> [...]  I pulled the spark plugs and cranked the engine over and copious
> amounts of water and fuel spewed from the cylinders.  This did not make me
> happy.
>
> [...] Runs pretty rough, doesn't want to idle.  But, it is running!
> Unfortunately, when I let it die, it won't restart.  It still cranks, but no
> combustion.

> [...] What other components might be involved in this type of failure mode?

The entire water-logged ignition system.  This is *usually* what casues a car
to stall when fording minor waterways.  (Tho it seams your LIC also aspirated
quite a bit of water too!)  Dry out the ignition system, starting with the
distributor.

> Things I have done so far:
>
> Changed Air Filter and Plugs
> Connected and re-connected every connector I could find
> checked all Fuses

Change the oil.  There *will* be water in the crank case if there was water in
the cylinders.  (But this, of course, has nothing to do with it not starting.)

> Learned to cuss in Italian (I got a book. Thought it might be a language
>                             problem)

Very insightful and imaginative.  Too bad it didn't help.  ;^)

   Pat Vilbrandt      Fluke Corporation      Everett, Washington USA
   pwv@tc.fluke.COM or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv

From  rwg1@cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:47:08 2001