MGB indicator problem

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB indicator problem
From: crfirth@chris7.b17b.ingr.com (Chris Firth)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 93 8:48:53 CDT
Fella's,

        This is my virgin experience on the Brit. car net, so excuse the
        nervousness in my two-finger typing.  Being from Blighty myself (I've
        been here 8-9 years, used to live in Lincoln, England), it made my
        decade when my lady wife bought me a '79 MGB this month.  All's
fabulous        with the vehicle except one thing (so I suppose I'm lucky);

                The indicators have stopped working within two weeks of owning
                the car.

        Now I'm no mechanic whatsoever, so bear with me.  The only things I've
        Checked are the fuses and the bulbs (I can hear you saying "Oh god,
        we've got a right one here,lads!").  Is there a chance it could be the
        indicator switch itself?  The other functions on the fuse associated
are        working fine (reverse white lights, brake warning lights etc).  If
it's
        a chance it's a simple cure I'd attempt it myself, if not I'm taking
        the poor girl in.

        After all, I HATE these Huntsville (AL) drivers who NEVER indicate
        between lanes, or when turning, unless they do it as an afterthought,
        just flicking the indicator on as they've completed the turn, to
satisfy        themselves I suppose.  I really don't want to be put into the
same
        barrel as these folks, and hand signals just aren't respected like they
        used to be, and probably shouldn't be at about 65-70 mph.

        Anyone with a past similar problem, or just smarts in this area, please
        reply to "crfirth@ingr.com", or the net I guess, after all there's only
        about 6 more weeks of perfect top-down weather here.

                Well, that first one was good for me,

                        Thanks..............Chris
--
Regards,

        Chris Firth

Chris Firth                        |
Scanning and Cartography Marketing | Mail Stop: IW17B5
Mapping Sciences Division          | E-mail: crfirth@chris7.b17b.ingr.com
Intergraph Corporation             |
Huntsville, Alabama  USA           | Telephone: (205) 730-7801
    35894-0001                     | FAX:       (205) 730-1263