Re: Resto on TV

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, cobra@cdc.hp.com
Subject: Re: Resto on TV
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 93 13:13:09 -0700
Roland said:
>This was posted to the classic-mustangs list but I thought it was
>worth passing on.
>
>Roland
>
>> In the Fall of 1990, 2 mid-western shop teachers teamed up with a public TV
>> station to create a program called "The Classic Car Shop", where they go to
>> a swap meet, decide to buy an early Mustang, purchase a 1966 convertible
>> (solid floors, good mechanicals) and proceed in 12 one-hour shows to do a
>> "cosmetic restoration" on this car demonstrating everything from disassembly
>> to painting the car.  Their display of technique was execellent, as well as
>> their demonstration of tools and materials used.  The 4 tape (16-hr) set is
>> available for around $80, and I felt it was worth it.  WMVS/WMVT in Milwaukee
>> produced the series, with money from the Eastwood Company, and Hemmings Motor
>> News.

Thanks Roland!  I have about six episodes of the program on tape (I
happened to discover it one day while "surfing" -- unfortunately the
series was already half over).  I was doing body & paint work on the
Europa at the time, and while some of the techniques demonstrated didn't
apply to fiberglass, a lot of the information came in handy.  I'll have
to squirrel the address away for when I start to work on the Plymouth -- I
think the $80 might be a worthwhile investment!

-coryc