RE: There and Back Again

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: There and Back Again
From: Dano <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1993 8:54:04 -0700 (MST)
Bob, you write:

> I'm also wondering about "Emma'a Elan". A few years ago "the" Elan
> was supposidly for sale here in the US. I believe the ad was from
> around the D.C. area. Along with some sort of supporting documentation
> was the logbook of the car with Diana Rigg's autograph in it.

There is another possibility.  That they're the same car.  I am
inclined to suspect this, as the fellow who supplies the cars to
the Keswick "Cars of the Stars" museum, a fellow named Nelson, is
a famous collector of these things.  If the "real" Elan came up
for sale in the U.S., you can bet he had someone there bidding for
it.  And they did say at the museum that it was one of their newest
acquisitions.

I may have been a little harsh when I used the word "fraud" in
describing their Lotus 7 display.  I have a photo of the placard
in front of it, but I haven't developed it yet.  I believe, how-
ever that it said something like "KAR120C was the car used in the
series The Prisoner...", and since they had this in front of a
car with that number plate, the implication was that this was
indeed that car.  However, they didn't say "This car was used..."
Fine distinction, but it's the difference between lying and gently
misleading.

- Dan