Re: An Evening of Minis

To: agc@hermes.dlogics.com
Subject: Re: An Evening of Minis
From: pwv@tc.fluke.COM (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 13:16:27 PDT
Thanks for posting the summary of our get together Andy, I enjoyed reading
it.  (And yes, it got through to the BCars list just fine!)

> we enjoyed a fine meal, accompanied by what appeared to be some Mexican
> brand of stout ...

Negro Modello.

> ... with a taste that I'd describe as Guinness Lite.

... except sweeter.

> The evening proved highly educational for me, as I've grown up used to
> basic British cars which provide thoughtful, dignified increases in speed,
> not the "acceleration" associated with American cars. And yet here was Pat,
> Jim and the other Jim engaged in deep, highly-technical race conversation
> involving _Minis_, if you can imagine, with me on hand to frown thoughtfully
> from time to time and contribute useful remarks (e.g. "Really!") at proper
> intervals.

You may have noticed I spent much of the evening merely smiling and
nodding agreeably with whatever was said.  Amazing, this racing stuff.

Thanks again, Andy.

Cheers,

   Pat Vilbrandt      Fluke Corporation      Everett, Washington USA
   pwv@tc.fluke.COM or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv