Sprite Roll Over Bar

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite Roll Over Bar
From: angusg@spider.co.uk (Angus Grossart)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 93 09:42:03 MET DST
I am presently fitting an "Ally-bar" rollover bar to my 1960 Sprite.  I have
some questions to ask:

1) There are only six bolt holes drilled on the bar at the base where it
attaches to rear bulkhead.  Will those six bolts be sufficient to take a
"normal" crash?

2) The rear boot(trunk) stays have no bolt holes drilled. Is that sufficient?
I can imaging if travelling forwards, the boot will take the impact and stop
the bar folding?
If the car turns backward would the bar not fold over the occupants, since it
is not attached to the boot?  How strong is one of these bars when only
anchored at the base.

Your thoughts and experience much appreciated,
Angus